Subject: FW: Request for information
From: "Gettrin Kivisild" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>,TAI üldmeil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2025 12:53:26 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Carolina de Abreu,

We inform you that detailed data on all adult dental care is not currently 
collected in Estonia.

In Estonia the detailed data on dental care is collected by following 
institutions:

1.	Health and Welfare Information Systems Centre (TEHIK) ([email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> )

a.	During the oral examination, all objective findings assessed by the 
dentist during the visit are documented. The data only reflects to the part 
of direct restorations (e.g., composite, amalgam, GIC) that the dentist has 
deemed important to assess and document during the oral examination. During 
a dental visit, the work performed on the patient is documented separately, 
but the documentations of the filling material used is not done.
b.	The data has not been published. To obtain further information or access 
available statistical datasets, a data request must be submitted to the 
following address: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

2.	Estonian Health Insurance Fund (Tervisekassa – [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> )

a.	include data on direct restorations (e.g., composite, amalgam, GIC) only 
for patients under the age of 19, as these treatments are publicly funded.
b.	These data are not published in English. To obtain further information or 
access available statistical datasets, a data request must be submitted to 
the following address:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Furthermore, the data section that documents the procedures performed during 
a dental visit does not include specific details about the filling materials 
used in treatment. The specific type of restorative material used (e.g., 
composite resin, amalgam, GIC) is not systematically documented as a 
separate data element.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us,

Best regards,

Gettrin Kivisild

Senior Analyst

tel: +372 5886 3892

National Institute for Health Development

[email-masked]

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2025 2:05 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Request for information

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Associations,

My name is Carolina de Abreu, and I am a final-year Dental Medicine student 
at Egas Moniz School of Health and Sciences (Portugal). I am currently 
working on my master’s thesis, which focuses on the prevalence and 
distribution of direct dental restorations across European countries.

I would kindly like to ask if the Association holds or can direct me to any 
national data or reports on the number or prevalence of direct restorations 
(e.g., composite, amalgam, GIC) among adults in your country.

Any guidance or documentation you could share would be greatly appreciated 
and properly cited in my academic work.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
Carolina de Abreu